We are now to the point with our Project Work that we are ready for our expert to come in. We were able to get a local TV personality to come to visit our classroom on Friday. James Zhara, a meteorologist on our local channel eight, will join our classroom. The children are counting down the days on the calendar and at home!
As we prepared for his visit, we revisited our questions that we had started to create at the beginning of the project. We then added to those if we needed too. The children have also created pictures on paper so they can share with him as well when he joins us. We plan on taping and photographing his visit so we will post as soon as we can. We plan to add to this list until James’ arrival.
Some of our questions include:
- Have you seen a real tornado?
- Have you seen a blizzard?
- Are their clouds at night?
- Do cumulus clouds bring rain?
- What is a radar?
- How many radars do you have?
- How do you know all that you know?
- How many meteorologists are there?
- How are puddles made?
- How are lightning bolts made?